Invite kids in your community to drop off a stuffed animal or doll at your library for a fun-filled Friday night sleepover! On Saturday morning, host a light continental breakfast for kids and their families complete with a picture slideshow of their animals’ silly antics from the night before.
-Laptop (for slideshow)
-Breakfast Foods and Beverages
-Props for animals (to create interesting pictures)
-tea party set
-blankets and pillows
-Etc. – the possibilities are endless!
-Nametags for each Animal (cardstock rectangles strung with yarn)
Day of Animal Drop-Off
- When the child comes to drop off his or her animal, attach a nametag to the animal, with the child’s name, telephone number, the name and gender of the animal. Give the child a chance to hug/kiss their animal goodbye and invite him or her back to the breakfast slideshow the next morning.
- Enlist volunteers to help you “stage” scenes throughout your library (we do this after-hours). You can hang stuffed animals from rotating ceiling fans, have them talk on the phone at the director’s desk, attend a story time, etc. Be as creative as you can! Take pictures of each scenario.
- Create a photo slideshow and make sure that each animal is represented!
Day of Animal Breakfast
- Set up food, beverages, and tableware
- Set up projector, screen, and laptop
- Have ample seating and tables for attendees – grandparents and other extended family members like to attend this event as well!
- Place stuffed animals on a table and assign a staff member to make sure the right animal goes home with the right child!
- Have fun!