DIY Fairy Wings
Thanks to Heaether for her directions for this craft.
- 2 coat hangers
- Tights or nylons
- String or elastic
- Duct tape
- White or clear glue Markers
- Sequins, foam shapes, stickers, feathers, fabric, etc.
- Decide if you are going to make single wings (2 hangers) or double wings (4 hangers).
- Shape the triangles into fairy wing shapes. Use your imagination, as there’s really no wrong way to shape the wings.
- Cut apart the stockings. Stretch one stocking leg over each wire wing shape. Stretch tightly. Tape stocking to hold in place.
- Put the hangers on your work surface so the triangles form a rough wing shape. Overlap the twisted sections. Wrap the twisted sections with duct tape. Make sure the hangers are securely attached to each other and there are no sharp edges uncovered to poke the wearer. Consider using colored duct tape that blends in with the overall color of the wing.
- Attach the string to the center of the wing joint. You can also use large rubber bands or pieces of elastic from a fabric store.
- Decorate the wings. You can use ANYTHING to do this!
Adult and Teen Services Manager
Ella Johnson Memorial Library District
109 South State Street
Hampshire, IL 60140